Friday, June 8, 2012

First Trip Out (on my own)

I almost forgot about this particular milestone!

In the first 3-4 months of Blake's life, I never dared to bring him out on my own. Not until a friend who finally returned to Singapore asked me out for lunch.

Alex (that's what I call her) hardly ever returns to Singapore since she went over to USA to study, not even during her school holidays! So, when she finally came back (due to some dental issues, if I remember correctly), I couldn't say no to meeting up! The idea of bringing Blake out on my own at that time was pretty terrifying, but I told myself it was a sooner or later thing, so I might as well do it now, even though I wasn't very confident about it.


We went to a mall near my place, and I carried him in our beloved Babybjorn Synergy carrier all the way. I still hadn't figured out how to bring Blake out with the stroller on my own then. It was a short 2½ hours trip out, but it was a real huge deal to me back then!


After this trip out with Blake on my own, I gained more confidence in myself as a mother, and brought him out more frequently since! Now, it's like a routine to bring him out at least once a week! I'm so glad for that kick-start. Thanks, Alex! :D


No comments:

Post a Comment